div#ContactForm1 { display: none !important; }

Wednesday 20 November 2013

A New Start - A New Career

It is with trepidation, excitement and, yes, happiness - that I am embarking on a different path. I have deliberated, swung one way then the other, been up, then sharply down - but have come through the process knowing in my heart that it is the right thing to do. I am a few days away from the last day. The last day of secure employment, the last day of wages, the last day of this chapter in my life.

And so begins the next. It has been a difficult year, mentally challenging; a year of loss, sadness, depression, anxiety and much uncertainty. But life is like that. I will take it all as part of the bigger picture, the grand design; the writing in the stars- that means I have reached the time in my life where I will do something I love. Something for me, but yet still I hope it will bring something to others too. I will be a full-time writer. I know, I know - "Don't give up your day job", I hear you cry. Yes, that is the usual advice. But I have never really been good at taking advice. I have a long list of disasters that have befallen me when I have failed to take heed of words of wisdom from those who felt more qualified than I. However, failure lies in not trying, not in giving it a go but it not quite working out. So thank you to my lovely friends, family and colleagues who have given words of warning in the attempts of preventing me making a fool of myself, or drowning in a sea of debt, I accept my decision is not necessarily practical, or going to give me financial security - but it will give me this:

Peace of mind 

And hopefully a lot more besides... 

So, join me if you will, on this new journey. I don't know how it will end, I just want to enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment