div#ContactForm1 { display: none !important; }

Wednesday 20 December 2017

How I spent publication day!

It's almost a week ago that BAD SISTER was released in paperback.

Seeing my second novel on the shelves was a fabulous moment. With my debut, Saving Sophie, the thrill was in that it was the first time - we all know how special the first time is! 😉 I wasn't sure whether I'd be as excited to see Bad Sister.

Spoiler: I was!

My first sighting was unexpected as it was the day prior to its release. When I spotted a pile of my books on the 'Crime Table' at my local Waterstones, I know I gave an audible gasp! I was also on my own, so couldn't even turn to anyone and share the excitement. I did manage to surreptitiously take a photo though!


Then, when I popped into Asda and saw it on the shelves there too, I failed to contain the excitement and ended up chatting about Bad Sister to the lovely woman who was stocking the shelves! Bless her, she agreed to have a photo taken holding the book, and then said if she bought it, would I sign it for her there and then. Well, of course I said yes, and continued to crouch in the aisle, leaning on my shopping to sign it. Quite a surreal moment. Thank you, Tracey! 

To celebrate the day of publication, the 14th December, I spent the evening at my local pub with some family and friends. I was bought some gorgeous bouquets of flowers and we raised a few glasses of fizz! (The best way to celebrate in my opinion).

I almost forgot to take photos, but managed this one just as the evening was ending - shame I didn't get one when everyone was there, I think I was too busy enjoying the bubbly!

Here are my stunning flowers:

I would like to thank everyone who has supported me and enabled me to continue writing. Thanks to my family and friends who celebrated with me, and to those who weren't there, I hope to do something grander next time!

As ever, Mum and Dad - hope you are still watching over me. Wish you were here xx

Bad Sister is available in Asda, Tesco and some Waterstones (as well as Amazon).

I've had some fabulous reviews and feedback and am thrilled people have enjoyed it. Thank you to everyone who has bought it. 






No comments:

Post a Comment