div#ContactForm1 { display: none !important; }

Monday 3 November 2014

The Nano Bug

Yes, the NanoWriMo  bug has hit me too. Looking at a lot of blogs since November the 1st, I can see a number of my fellow writers are partaking this year. Very exciting! (Go Jan!!)

I am also in good company as a few writers from my online writer group are involved. There's nothing like some healthy competition and great support to see you through the long days of staring at a screen! 


Plus, other must-haves are a good supply of coffee, some upbeat music and biscuits.                                              

Oh well. At least I should have 50,000 words down on the first draft of my second novel. Now, that's a great thought.

I wish everyone who is taking part a massive GOOD LUCK. There are numerous articles on the NanoWriMo site and on Twitter to inspire and motivate, as well as the likes of  Nano Sprints which gives prompts and encourages you to write for a set number of minutes then post how you did.

So, no excuses...

See you on the other side :)

10 comments:

  1. Good luck with it, Sam. I am a NanoNoNo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I like that Wendy! Thank you.

      Today has been a washout, but I have 26 more days to go :)

      Delete
  2. I have been bitten by the Nano Bug myself. Currently writing a new short story about Valentine's Day! (I make my own rules, not all authors want to write a novel LOL)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a definite motivator isn't it Mary? I'm sure however you interpret the rules it will be a worthwhile exercise! Good luck :) Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  3. Hope the week is going well, Samantha. Am following your progress as one of your NaNoWriMo buddies. Hope today was better for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brilliant, have found you Jan. Thank you, have buddied back! You are doing great - well done. I have tailed off the last 2 days, too much going on, but am aiming to get back on track tomorrow. I have an added incentive now I know you are following my progress - haha! :)

      Delete
  4. Keep going, Samantha. The extra pounds can come off after the festive season. Good Luck to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thanks Nicola. I imagine I'll have to get a personal trainer to help shift the pounds by then! ;)

      Delete
  5. Keep up the good work (I'm sure it's good.) I'm in awe of anyone who takes on this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lindsay! I'm not so sure it's good writing, it is a different way of working for me, I am an edit-as-you-go writer usually (which is a curse in some ways!) It will be interesting to see what I am left with at the end of the month, the resulting MS will be a good indicator if the Nano way is the right way for me or not! Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting. :)

      Delete